Best DVD printer - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #31
Major Player

Epson 64bit drivers

I tried the link again and it works this time.

John Gerard

QUOTE=Adam Gold;1603709]Before you give up on your Epson, you might try the drivers on this page (if you haven't already):

Epson Stylus Photo 960, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

My old 320 wasn't working under Win 7 64 so I messed around with some of these and now it works fine, and has a newer copy of the Print CD software as well. Still pretty rudimentary but better than the one that came with the printer.[/QUOTE]
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:26 PM   #32
Inner Circle

It's not just the printer that matters, the media surface type makes a huge difference. I am using Epson Artisan 50 printer (paid $35 brand new from Ebay..lucky). Then use the TY/JVC watersheild DVD.

Taiyo Yuden/JVC Watershield Glossy DVD | L.A. Color Blog

The difference compared to other white printable DVD is NIGHT AND DAY. You tried it and you'll be blown away.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I have used many types of single disc printers and have to agree with most of the comments posted already. The HP systems are all garbage from day one, as well as private brand printers that are really just rebranded HP systems. You can tell when they use the standard HP ink carts,

We once had a bank of 10 Epson R200s running in our duplication room and things were good when they worked but constant ink issues and head clogging made suicide seem like a viable option.

Switched to the Canon systems and have been in heaven ever since. Way more efficient ink usage, cheaper ink to start with and flawless quality and performance. To solve your US source issues just order them online from TigerDirect.ca- Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics and enjoy simple easy printing.
Chris Ficek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM   #34
Major Player

DVD printer Epson R1900

Hi,
I just ordered the Epson R1900. The cost was $499.00USD + a 150.00 rebate = $350.00. This is the same cost I paid for my Epson 960. It has a new set of colors over the Epson R1400. I might sell some of my tennis, auto racing and blue angels photos so it seemed like a good choice and it is supposed to be pretty fast. I think a review on Youtube said a 13 x 19 print was around 2-3minutes. What CIS system would you recommend. One, easy to install and two, best quality ink? I read and watched on YouTube just about every thing out there and it hasn't helped in the decision process. There is a great video on the Lyson ink out of the UK that looks good as one option if I can get more info about it.
I call Epson tech support and they said that for printing on the WaterShield DVDs the Memerex brand looks the best. Since I got a recommendation here to use the TY DVDs I have not used anything else. So I just wondered how well printing on TY WaterShield DVDs will look. Printing Standard TY DVDs on my Epson 960 look great except that these have the mat finish. I prefer a high gloss finish which looks a lot better. I know the only way to really know is to print a few. I just wanted a few impressions/thoughts on weather I should jump in and buy a 50pk. I already have about 150 of the Standard TY DVDs.

Thanks,

John Gerard
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #35
Regular Crew

The TY Watershield DVDs look great. They are the only brand we use and we are completly satisfied. A friend took one right off the printer and put it in a bowl of Pepsi and let it sit an hour before washing it off and it still looked great, not as good as a non-pepsi disk but still better than any HP disk I've ever made. Now thats a torture test if there ever was one.
Chris Ficek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #36
Major Player

i have an older Epson R380; works great when the damn heads dont clog and when the heads stay aligned. other than that its an excellent DVD printer; i use the Taiyo Yudens as well.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #37
Major Player

TY WaterShield DVDs

Thanks for the thoughts. I think I am going to order one 50 pk to try out.

John Gerard
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #38
Major Player

TY DVDs

Hi,
While ordering on SuperMediaStore, that TY now produce several different products I was not familiar with. They have the Value brand, premium brand both with mat finish. Then they have the hard coat similar to the WaterShield DVDs but with a mat finish.and the print plus Semi-gloss Water resistant I believe and the WaterShield DVDs. All these except the value line are warranted for 100 years, so they say. They said that TY are coming out with Blu-ray DVDs in the next couple of months. I told the sales person that I like the high gloss finish and other aspects of the WaterShield version. She would send my comments on. The next time you order put in your two cents worth.

John Gerard
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
It's not just the printer that matters, the media surface type makes a huge difference. I am using Epson Artisan 50 printer (paid $35 brand new from Ebay..lucky). Then use the TY/JVC watersheild DVD.
Taiyo Yuden/JVC Watershield Glossy DVD | L.A. Color Blog
The difference compared to other white printable DVD is NIGHT AND DAY. You tried it and you'll be blown away.
Thanks Taky.....I agree 100%. First class all the way. Expecially when you are using photos of people on your media.
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC