Non Video Presentations for DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 20th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Non Video Presentations for DVD

I've got a client who basically wants a slide show presentation on a dvd. Lots of text and pics and positioning and layout work. I usually use FCP but its not good for text, so I'm giving Premiere a try. Its better for the most part but I'm wondering would it be easier to do it in a non video editing program and then export it out to a video editor as stills?
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Are the slides already created, or do you have to design those yourself? I've transferred more Powerpoint presentations to DVD than I'm proud of, and the process is pretty straight forward. Simply put, you can export the entire .ppt file as a series of JPEG images. Power Point or Open Office (if you're pinching pennies like me) should number each slide sequentially.

Once you have your slides saved out, the absolute fastest way to put them straight to DVD is to open up Adobe Encore and use it's slideshow building function. It is simplistic, but if you're in a real hurry, it will get the job done.

If you need to design all the slides yourself, why not use something like Photoshop or even PowerPoint?

A graphic designer I know uses iMovie or iDVD on a Mac to make slideshows, and he says he's had some good experiences with those, but I'm not familiar with those programs in particular.
Shawn McCalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thx. I wish that I only had to convert a power point presentation. He sent me a word document and a bunch of photos. I have to figure out a way to put it all together. The problem is that a DVD isn't a good format to deliver lots of text and graphics. If the text is too small you can't read it, break it up too much and it becomes incoherent.

For example, one of the pages is "We have held all these different events..." and under the paragraph it lists 20 different performances. I'm finding making any sort of formatting revisions is lots of work. Let say you decide to change the font, the color, or lay design. You need to go back and reapply those settings to the rest of the slides.

I might give power point a try.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC