Matrox RT.X2 and 24fps at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Matrox RT.X2 and 24fps

Has anybody tried this?
I've got an XHA1 , but there's no native project setting in Matrox to edit in true 24P...Matrox only seems to support cameras that already have the pulldown flag in the video stream..

I'm of course, assuming the XHA1 does a true 24progessive output without any pulldown upon capture...

If it's of any use, I'm still using PPro 2.0.

Last edited by Peter Manojlovic; July 16th, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

For Premiere Pro 2.0, you will need to download the Canon 24F preset from adobe,

Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Windows : Editing presets for Canon Progressive-scan HDV cameras

I'm using Matrox 4.0 tools with CS4, that 24P preset timeline is there. I just checked. It is under Matrox - HD -> 1440x1080 -> 1440x1080 23.98fps
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes, thank you...It looks like i'll need to upgrade to CS4.0 with appropriate Matrox drivers..

I have the Canon Preset within CS2.0, but i don't think it's of any use without Matrox supported acceleration..
Thanks for the tip Taky...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Matrox Video Products

Hi Peter, I just came across your post on this user forum…one thing I like to add to Taky Cheung's reply is: If your captured footage on tape is recorded at 1440x1080 24fps, then you should select the same setting on your camera, select HDV i.link(1394) capture, and the Matrox 1440x1080p 23.98fps HDV preset to start your capturing. In order to successfully capture, the Matrox sequence must match the settings of the camera and tape.

Please contact the Matrox Technical Support Team if you are still having issues:
Matrox Video - Support - RT.X2

Best regards,
Bassel
Bassel Challah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Now that's customer care! For those of you who don't know, Bassel is a certified Matrox Customer Service Rep who answers many questions (including mine) daily on the Matrox forums. Kudos to you for seeking out Matrox questions on other forums! That's why DVInfo is the place to go for expert video help.
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Inner Circle

You have to be "certified" to be a customer support rep?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC