Realtime Editing Cards - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 21st, 2004, 10:21 AM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Ed Smith : Hi Nick,

By channels I think they mean tracks? All though not certain. You should be able to do everything you have mentioned in real-time using the matrox effects.

What software are you using at the moment?

You would also probably have to upgrade the specs of your computer, I would check the specs on Matrox's web site.

Thanks,

Ed -->>>

Ah it makes a bit more sence if it were tracks. I'm using premiere at the moment. I tried the but you are correct in me needing to upgrade my system before buying an RT X10 etc...

to be honest after what David said above i'm not so keen on buying a card just yet, it seems like a luxury rather than a necessity and i'll have to get used to waiting to see the results of my work.
Nick Glenister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM   #17
Wrangler

While you are at it, you owe it to yourself to check out the Canopus products. They've had real-time products for a long time and should be considered if you are looking for a new editing suite.

Like the Matrox, you will be happier with a faster computer system but you can run realtime using something like StormEdit (which, given what you need for editing may be exactly what you want) with your present system.

As with any editing system, check the compatiblity pages (Canopus web site) on your computer hardware before you decide.

And Canopus is realtime for DV and analog outputs (Composite and S-Video).

Demo software is available for download.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:51 PM   #18
Capt. Quirk

Double check the compatibilty charts, and then search through the forums on their websites. You are never really sure what bugs might be a problem, and which just need a tweek.

I have been using the Canopus Storm with Premiere 6.something, with no problems. My Abit KG7 raid Mobo was a different story though... I spent a year with major problems, until I discovered I needed to just tweek a setting or two. Rock solid ever since.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC