Correct the color? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 22nd, 2002, 10:50 PM   #1
Mr.Cisco

Correct the color?

I have some video that was shot outside with the white balance knob set to "indoor lighting." It's a lovely shade of blue now. Any ideas on how I can tweak this and correct the color? I'm using Premiere 6.0 to edit.
Old June 23rd, 2002, 05:28 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

Unfortunately, there is little I can suggest in premiere. You can go into the video tab, next to transitions, and under image control you will find tint and color balance. Apply these filters, and try adjusting it until you are close.

If this wasn't critical footage, you could desaturate it, leaving it black and white. It wouldn't be color, but it also wouldn't be blue. I have similar footage shot inside, with a bad white balance. It's reddish.
I really wish you luck on this.
Keith
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2002, 06:08 AM   #3

There's a product called Video Finesse....available from Synthetic Aperture, that will allow very fine color correction via a Premier Plug-in. Check out the demo....you'll find that the built in proc amp will help you make accurate color correction as well as keep you NTSC legal.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2002, 05:42 PM   #4
Mr.Cisco

<<<-- Originally posted by billravens : There's a product called Video Finesse....available from Synthetic Aperture, that will allow very fine color correction via a Premier Plug-in. Check out the demo....you'll find that the built in proc amp will help you make accurate color correction as well as keep you NTSC legal. -->>>

Thanks Bill I have downloaded the demo and will check it out!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC