Real-Time Video Mixing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 9th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Major Player

More dialogue please,Thanks...

Ken,

The MCE Quickstream device was very interesting & more affordable.Isn't the day coming when minidv camcorders will have these or the equivalent onboard which will save head wear,eliminate transfer/capture time and the minidv tape itself goes the way of "8 track" audio tape of the 70's?How far away would that possibly be?

Let's take this one step futher please.Current scenario... indoor,synchronized,2-3 camera shoot.Imported into a PC.Have about zero video editing knowledge.To add experience and perspective..previously,my background,until a few months ago,was to switch between multiple cameras live with a Panasonic digital mixing board and capture the master output/mix to a Mac,S-VHS & other tape medium including minidv.The parameters,however,has changed dramtically. New church location,brand new ballgame,a lot less to work with & I'm wondering what the best approach & solution would be factoring in the above.

To your knowledge,is there a PC application or one that is combined with a card or other hardware that would do the following?On the Apple side,I have an older,slower G4,but it would require major upgrades to bring it relatively current.

Imported two,1 hour minidv tapes.My goal is to use the computer to watch these 2 video files(1 from each camera)simultaneously,live and in REAL TIME be able to switch between those streaming files and capture/create a 3rd master,i.e mixed file which will be undergo further processing and enhancement.

Is this even remotely feasible or are there other options that will achieve the same thing outside of tedious,time consuming editing?

Any ideas or reccomendations?

To summarize,on the computer i want to mix digitally from 2 source files/feeds in real time,saving the resulting file to hard drive for further work latter,such as adding titles or special effects.

Many thanks for you continued input.

Bruce
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

[i]This was split from a thread in the Long Black Line forum.[i]

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC