NLEHelp: TV and PC monitor too close = shaking image and black lines on PC monitor. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

NLEHelp: TV and PC monitor too close = shaking image and black lines on PC monitor.

The problem is: my desk is small, so the TV and the PC monitor must be close one to the other. When I turn on both, at the same time, the PC monitor´s image changes (shakes a little and black moving lines appear), as it´s being under some kind of interference. Is there any solution to this, like an isolation material to put between the monitors, to stop the interference? Or should I build another desk and put the TV monitor there, far from his enemy?
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:55 AM   #2
Regular Crew

A classic problem. It can happen with any type of machinery: a fan, a sound machine, television...
As far as I know the only solution is to move the television. Some material might work, but I am not sure what kind...
Jonathan Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:13 AM   #3
Wrangler

Maybe not what you had in mind, but you might consider replacing either the TV or computer monitor with an LCD panel. That would let you keep everything close together.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #4
Inner Circle

1- I thought it might help if you set your CRT's refresh rate to 60Hz, but that would cause eye strain.

You can change the refresh rate by right-clicking your desktop --> properties --> settings --> advanced --> monitor (something like that).

2- Putting some steel between the two monitors might help... I tried it myself with CRTs but it didn't really help me.

There's some expensive material that does this, but you might as well get some new furniture or a new LCD.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you guys. I guess I´ll move the TV. LCD is completely out of my budget now.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC