4 track audio capturing with Raptor Edit! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 29th, 2002, 03:07 AM   #1
Quantum Productions

4 track audio capturing with Raptor Edit!

I have a Canopus DV Raptor card. I cannot capture my 4 audio tracks from my XL1. But if I use the Raptor Edit program it lets me use my audio card and capture the other 2 audio track at the same time. This works great but...

I use to use the demo version off the Canopus site and it did the job well as I never used it for anything but a "seamless/batch capture". Now that I only use Windows XP it will not work unless I upgrade. I can't upgrade because I have only a demo version!

Anyone know where I can just buy a full version of Raptor Edit?
Even Canopus doesn't seem to sell it (unless it's in a bundle).
It's a hard to find program for some reason. I guess it wasn't ment to be sold as a seperate piece.

Thanks...
Old July 29th, 2002, 06:47 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The sofware does indeed come bundled with the card, can you not check with whomever you purchased it from,
Or Alternatively E-mail Canopus with your situation and ask if they might bewilling to sell the software seperatley.
Peter Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2002, 06:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

It's been posted many times on the now-defunct Canopus Forum that if you buy their $40 Video Tools CD, it WILL come with Raptor Edit. It's not disclosed on their website, but many Canopus users who bought the disc have verified it. If not directly through Canopus, the disc was listed on B&H's website as I recall.

Not all versions of DV Raptor had Raptor Edit bundled with the card. I should know, I bought the version that bundled Premeire LE... never bothered using it, opting for my trusty MediaStudio Pro instead.
CarterTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2002, 08:52 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Or... you could buy Scenalyzer Live ($33) and capture the second stereo track via firewire.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2002, 01:48 PM   #5
Quantum Productions

Scenalyzer Live demo version won't work with DV Raptor. They say if the demo won't work then the puchased version won't either. It won't detect my firewire connection yet it works with Raptor video. Scenalyzer Live looks like it could be a great program though!

Thanks all for the tips! My search will continue...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC