Premiere: reduce video size & focus? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 18th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere: reduce video size & focus?

Hi everybody!

Im a photographer begining with video (5D mII).

When you reduce the size of a photo you have to focus it to see the details again. Happens the same with a video?

Im using Premiere, I record the videos in 1920 * 1080 pixels, edit them and export to an f4v file reducing the size to a half or less than the original. Do I need to apply a focusing mask in premiere to enhance the details? If that's the way, does Premiere reduces the size first and applies the focusing mask later? (like used to do in Photoshop when working with stills).

I have worked with some videos in photoshop reducing size and focusing later and the results are great! But this way is very difficult to edit a complete shortfilm.

Thanks.

Tomeu Santandreu
Tomeu Santandreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Trustee

I think you are talking about adding sharpening to the image --- Premiere does have a set of sharpening filters much like those in Photoshop. I am not aware that this is a usual part of the workflow for video, however, I guess you try it and see...however, I have seen it suggested that a small amount of Gaussian blur is added on output to alleviate any artifacts caused by resampling...see the Adobe Media Encoder CS4 help file on page 34.../ Battle Vaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Battle!

Yes, I want to add sharpenning to the video.

I will take a look.

I know I have to try, try and try.

I have just begun to walk in this world.

Thanks.

Tomeu.
Tomeu Santandreu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC