Bit of a problem connecting GL2... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 3rd, 2002, 08:56 PM   #1
Vidterry

Bit of a problem connecting GL2...

Perhaps not a GL2 question per se, but hoping someone here knows the connection answer.

GL2 hooked to firewire card, but none of the video editing programs recognize it as present. I am sure it is a driver issue, but I have not been able to get a driver installed.

Anyone have insight into this. I've been told it is an issue of T1 driver being defaulted in, rather than MS DV driver...but I can't find a point in the installation process where a choice can be made.

Have IEEE 1394 card that system is saying is working properly, and wondeful new GL2...just can't get them together.

Any thoughts would be greatfully accepted.

Terry in Iowa
Old September 3rd, 2002, 09:26 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

What platform is your computer? Your post implied Windows but better to have you tell us explicitly. Also, what NLE are you trying to connect to?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2002, 09:47 PM   #3
Vidterry

More info on GL2 connect problem

Ken...

You are correct...running win2kpro.

I have Premiere 6.0, Pinnacle Studio Version 7.0, Vegas Video and ULead Media Studio Pro 6.0.

Since none of these is able to capture video from the GL2, and I get error messages similar to "DV device is unavailable for device control" (Premiere 6.0), I assume that it is a driver external to any of the editing packages.

I know my way around computers, but not the video aspect...that is new to me. When I try to install drivers, all I get is error messages.

I don't know what TI or T1 driver is, as compared to Microsoft DV driver...but someone did say that that could be the problem. If so, someone else is going to need to show me where that driver installation takes place, as I can't find it.

I suspect that this camera is as good as everyone said it would be; will be fun to get to find out.

And thanks again for responding. I hope that this is a very fundamental situation, with easy solution.

Terry in Iowa
Old September 3rd, 2002, 09:57 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Terry,
Thanks for the additional info. I've moved your thread over here where I think you'll get quicker assistance.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC