TV as Monitor w/GeForce3 Ti200? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 21st, 2004, 09:45 PM   #1
New Boot

TV as Monitor w/GeForce3 Ti200?

After all the great help I received here I was able to set up
desktop dimension 8200, w/ premiere 6.5

installed two new HDs and 512MG additonal rambus (+ the resident 128), installed firewire card. used dv camera to capture video to internal media storage drive : (120G Maxtor diamond+) . used a Toshiba tv as monitor, via SVideo cable to my camera for simultaneous viewing.

Now that the footage is captured to the HD.. I would like to still use the Toshiba TV as monitor but don't know how.

I have a 64MB ddr GeForce3 Ti200 card with the video port for the computer monitor and another port which I don't what is for.

Is there anyway I can use this card with the Toshiba as second monitor - with an adapter or converter or something?

Must I buy another card with TV/out? If so can it be one of the cheapos?
Celia Cotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

TVs are really, really bad for computer images for reasons I won't bother getting into. Anyways, what you should do is:

Hook up your TV to your DV camera if it supports analog-digital passthrough. It may be able to convert DV to analog on the fly. You should always do this so you don't get caught on TV issues... overscan, interlace flicker, wrong field order, chroma crawl, text too small, etc. etc.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2004, 11:23 PM   #3
New Boot

got it working. Thanks!

Now I'm trying to find out how to separate audio and video tracks so that I can use audio from one clip on another. With premiere 6.5.

Can you help?
Celia Cotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2004, 11:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Sorry, it's been a really long time since I've touched Premiere 6.5. Try right-clicking the audio or video clip on the timeline- there may be an option to unlink the two.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 01:15 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I haven't touched Premiere 6.5 in quite some time, either, but I'm pretty sure you right click the selection tool in the top left corner of the timeline and uncheck "Sync Selection."
Ryan Krga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC