Help!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Help!!!

I have a LaCie Big Disk Extreme 400gb HD. It has 92 gigs free out of 375. After I dumped new footage onto it, and then started editing, I began to notice black-picture dropouts in the new footage. I then went back and opened up a scene that I edited a week ago, and the picture was completely hay wire. The image would go from this multi-color pattern, to freezing, to black. And the sound is stuttering to. What does this mean? Will defragmenting simply solve this problem. Or is my HD dying? Thank.
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #2
Major Player

I restarted the computer and it seems to be working fine...but why would this happen?
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sounds very odd Glenn. I have been having a lot of problems with my hard drive now. I just installed a new one and as I installed the new one my other one mucked up and I had to format it so I could get it to work again.

Now I have all of my software and such back on there but I cannot bring myself to putting important video back on there, yet.

In time I should be able to but Im really paranoid and I keep thinking every noise that my computer makes is my hard drive mucking up again. It's not fun at all.

I hope it isn't your hard drive and just some software problem.

That has never happened to me so I can't help you much, but I wish you the best of luck.
Travis Maynard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC