Take me to your leader... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Lynne,

No. There is no side by side comparison site that I am aware of. Occasionally video stores will set them up for some sort of comparison, but it's usually on a limited basis, as part of a sales or upgrade. Also, sometimes a particular product will go out on 'tour' and in the demonstration, they will do a side by side comparison with their major competitor. You can bet that the hosting NLE comes off better, so I hardly think of that as a fair sampling.

Most of the Video Magazines will do an 'end of the year shoot-out' comparing system features... but again that's an annual thing.

You'll just have to do your homework, download some demos and try them out.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Lynne: it's probably most convenient to simply download the demo versions of each program from the manufacturers' web sites, but if you want to see everything shown in one place you might try coming to the WEVA convention in Las Vegas this August:

http://www.weva.com/cgi-bin/newsread...o&storyid=2136

Also note that while there are occasionally some good reviews about various editing software choices, no such review can tell you which program is going to suit you best. You simply have to try them for yourself, after doing your research to understand some of the basic differences between programs.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #18
Major Player

Hmmmm

I like the idea of the WEVA convention. You see, my problem is that my current computer just isn't up to the task of handling demo versions of any of those programs mentioned before. It does strike me as odd that a place like B&H or other major sellers don't have a standing display. But what do I know?
Lynne Whelden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC