Adobe CS4 to CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 13th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Adobe CS4 to CS5

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm gonna ask a question on this forum. So I'm hoping I shall get a satisfied answer.

I currently have the Adobe Video Bundle on my pc (with Flash 8). Now I want to buy an upgrade to the production studio CS4 bundle. But I know that CS5 releases somewhere just over the middle of 2010. So what I want is to buy CS4 now because I need that to burn Blue-Ray and to use other fantastic tools. But with no "more-cost" if I want to upgrade to CS5. Is that a TLP (volume)-license I have to buy? Or something else?

And what is the best online-shop (that ships international) in the USA where I can buy the upgrade?

I bought my old bundle a few years ago on "Atomic Park"

I would very appreciate some answers!
Gerdy Vandermeersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Gerdy,
For online stores, check out the sponsors of this site. (The only stores which will be referred to)
DV Info Net Sponsors Index

If you need the CS4 now, then buy now. There will always come better/upgraded versions later no matter how long you wait. As far as I know, upgrading any Adobe products to a later version (like CS5 when that is released), is never free.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you very much Trond for your answer. I appreciate it!

Great advice.
Gerdy Vandermeersch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC