Adding Sata ports at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 19th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Major Player

Adding Sata ports

I've kept my system growing over the last year or so, and have ran out of SATA ports in my motherboard for my new BluRay burner.
I've recently added a PCI-X Raid controller card (AMCC 3Ware 9500S)..It's got 4 extra SATA connectors for Raid utility.
The idea was simply to hook up my new Pioneer BluRay burner, and run it like any other drive...

Yes, the drivers and controllers are fine under the Windows environment, but my new burner isn't recognized in windows.

Question:
Does this card force me to create a Raid configuration, or am i going to have to get something else? I really wanna try this puppy out.

I'm on Win7 64bit, with a Tyan 3kwe motherboard and HPwx9300 workstation.
Thanx..
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Sadly, the RAID card you just got does not support optical drives at all. It works only with hard drives and SSDs.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for confirming that......
I'll have to swap my current RAID drives from the Mobo controller over to the hardware controller..It's for the better anyways...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC