Titling Plugins for Premiere Pro CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Tourist

Titling Plugins for Premiere Pro CS4

Can anybody recommend some decent titling plugins for Premiere Pro CS4? The cheaper the better. Thanks.
Robert Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Major Player

You don't like the Adobe Titler?
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

What is it you are looking to do that Premiere can't? Many people say AE is best for 3D motion titles and other elaborate effects.
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Tourist

Nothing specific. I'm just wanting to experiment with as many different types as I can. Any suggestions would be great. After Effects is a little out of my price range right now. Thanks.
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Ah, sorry, thought you had the whole suite of CS4. You just have the standalone Premiere. Got it.

While not the best titler in the world, the Premiere one does do a lot if you know how to use it. There are some great free tutorials out there which might help you utilize it more fully. Not much it can't do. I favor very simple titles myself so I haven't really taken it for a spin, but have watched some good online material outlining what else can be done.

There are also numerous websites devoted to free Premiere plug-ins and templates.
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Major Player

I have some typestyles I made for the Titler in PPro way back, but i think they still work in CS5... (I need to revisit them and update them, but they're free, so it's not high on my priority list.)

http://www.stevengotz.com/styles/KolbStyles.zip

It's a start...
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #7
Tourist

Awesome. Thanks guys.
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:47 AM   #8
Inner Circle

It could be worth looking at Serif Draw - I've been using it for various things since 1990something - and the latest version has some great keyframing and stop motion facilities, plus neat 3D text. It's very useful for producing interesting graphics and titles.

Plus point is it's cheap, and if you can put up with their persistent attempts to flog you more software, it's worth the go. You get a money back guarantee too, so if you try it and don't like it, they will refund it.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #9
New Boot

I find the titler to be adequate

You can modify any of the template titles or make your own. You can even change any logo they have brought in or insert you own picture for a background logo. I do use AE sometimes for different text animation that are presets in AE but other than that you can do quite a lot with what is in Premiere Pro.
Greg Hogland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC