Videoguys NLE shootout 2005 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 16th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Videoguys NLE shootout 2005

Videoguys mid-range NLE shootout –
Affordable Intermediate Video Editing Solutions that enable you to produce much better videos.

Over the past few months we’ve been putting together a product line-up of video editing bundles that combine full featured NLE software with analog/DV conversion hardware at a great price. We’ve worked with our vendors to make sure that each of these bundles offers you a tremendous value while still keeping the prices as close to $500 as possible. This article reviews four of these bundles:

1. XDV4AV - Avid Xpress DV w/ ADS Pyro AV Link
2. API-757 - Sony Vegas 6+DVD Production Suite w/ ADS Pyro AV Link
3. Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 w/ Pinnacle MovieBox Deluxe
4. Canopus Edius Pro 3 w/ Canopus ACEDVio

I hope you find this article very informative. Not only do we review each of these bundles, we go into several of the most important features that separate the software found in these bundles from the cheap video editing titles you can find at your local computer or electronics superstore. If you’re looking to get more serious about video editing, this article is a MUST READ for you. Click here to read this great article http://www.videoguys.com/Shootout2005.html

Gary
Old August 19th, 2005, 02:53 AM   #2
Major Player

gary... why not include premier 1.5?
John Hartney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:04 AM   #3

Because we couldn't put together an affordable bundle with Adobe that would include Premiere Pro and an AV/DV device. One of my guidelines was that our price for the bundle had to be under $600.

When I first had the idea for this article, the only bundle that actually existed was the API-757 w/ Vegas. They launched a mail -in rebate program that allowed them to be included int he article. I had to work with Canopus, Avid, ADS & Pinnacle to create the other bundles for this article. Adobe was asked (begged is more accurate), but I could not get a solution fromt hem. I actually delayed the article 2 weeks to give them the chance. If and when we can put something together, a Premiere Pro bundle will be added to the article.

Gary
Old August 19th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Here in Aus, an AceDVio with a Premiere Pro/Audition/Encore bundles run for under $900AUD... This from Canopus being the distributors, not Adobe... maybe give them a call, see what they can do for you, as i know this would assist with your sales.

I know this isnt being specific (ie i/o device with singular NLE) but value for money is certainly much higher than Edius Pro3 and AceDVio
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #5

Pete - All OEM Adobe deals where pulle din the USA. Canopus no longer offers any prodcuts bundles w/ Premeire Pro here.

Matrox had been bundling the Adobe Suite (PPro, Encore & Audition) with RTX cards. They can no longer do that. now they have to bundle the entire video collection, pushing the cost up.

Gary
Old August 20th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #6
Inner Circle

whoa!!! what a bummerr!
hell an RTx100 and the adobe suite was an awesome bit of kit.. cheap too with a "trade up" offer rebate....

Hmm.. methinks adobe are making room for PremPro2??
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC