Combining 2 cameras in Pinnacle 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 10th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Combining 2 cameras in Pinnacle 12

I asked this question in the AUDIO forum, because it dealt with Audio, but I'm also thinking it belongs here:

I shoot my daughters dance recital, using 2 cameras
1. Camera A - Tight shot that follows the action; Camera B - Static wide shot, the cameras are located next to each other
2. The recital has about 60 numbers, I start/stop the tape(s) between each number so that each number is in its own "scene" during Post
3. Just before the crowd hoots-and-hollers I "click" right between the two cameras which puts a sharp spike onto the Audio waveform

During Post, I import both tapes
4. So now I have Scene 1A and Scene 1B (camera A&B)
5. I locate the click on both audio tracks, I then Mark In to delete everything before the click
6. I output Scene 1A to an AVI file (lets call it Scene 1C)
7. I copy the audio track from 1A onto the audio track of 1B
8. I output Scene 1B to an AVI file (lets call it Scene 1D)

I now have two AVI files that are perfectly synched, and have the same audio track.
Now, you are asking WHY do I do this? I am self-taught on Pinnacle Studio 12, and
ff both AVI's are synched, I can easily mix them on the timeline.

My question for you all, is there a better way to do this? I don't see where Studio 12 lends itself to 2 separate AVI files mixed
Vince Pachiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Combining 2 cameras in Pinnacle 12

Have you seen this article?

Two camera edit for Pinnacle Studio

It looks like an extraordinarily difficult PITA compared to an NLE that has a multicam feature, but if you want to stick with Pinnacle....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC