Exporting separate audio tracks on Premiere Pro 5.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 18th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #1
New Boot

Exporting separate audio tracks on Premiere Pro 5.5

Hi, I am working with three video and two audio tracks on my premiere pro 5.5 project timeline. One audio track is for the narration and the other is for music track. I need to export the film using Media Encoder but the audio has to export as two separate tracks. Would be very grateful if anyone can explain to to how it is done. All the stuff I have exported so far has been merged.

Thank you
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Exporting separate audio tracks on Premiere Pro 5.5

Do you mean you want to extract the left as one file and the right as another, or do you want them to just be music to the left music to the right as a stereo track?
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #3
New Boot

Hey Paul - Thank you so much for your reply. I fiddled around a bit and found out that it is such a simple thing to do.I just went to the audio mixer panel and panned the tracks - one to right and the other to the left and walla - I have two tracks. I hope it is of help to others looking for a similar fix it. Hope all is well at your side of the world Paul.

Thank you again

Dinesh
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Inner Circle

That's great, glad you sorted it.
Paul
The UK is wet again at the moment - the heat of last week has vanished and now they say snow is coming?

Our weather service is hopeless!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Major Player

However since you panned the music track, you ended up with mono music track, instead of stereo. I'm not sure this is what you really wanted.

Standard procedure is to export each track separately, by turning on mute buttons in audio mixer or disabling them in the timeline by clicking on the little soundspeaker icon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC