Problem with Power Director, need help. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 30th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Problem with Power Director, need help.

I have Power Director 10, and I have the Nvidia driver version 301.42 with my Windows 7 64. My problem is that every time my computer tries to upgrade my driver, Power Director has a problem; it will not smoothly play back any video in the monitor screen. It has to rerender the video every couple of seconds of video. The only way I can fix this is to redownload the older version of the driver. My trial version of PD11 had the same problem. No real help on any of the PD forums, nor from PD technical help. So I am turning to anyone here for ideas.
Thanks.
Mike
Mike Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Problem with Power Director, need help.

hi just saw this now, i dont know if youve solved your issues already.
you could try reinstalling pd10.
ive never got pd10 to work properly for me, even on an ssd.
but when i upgraded to pd11 everything was fast and extremely smooth. in fact it scrubs as fast if not faster than ppro 5.5 .
your demo of pd11 could have been laggy because it uses some of the same files as pd10.
so my suggestion is uninstall both and reinstall pd10. if that doesnt work and youre willing to spend a little more upgrade to pd11.
Robert Baynosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Problem with Power Director, need help.

Thanks for your reply. Since I started the thread, Power Director has provided a patch to fix the problem I was having.

Mike
Mike Burgess is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC