Can an iMac handle Adobe CS Next and Resolve? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 25th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Trustee

Can an iMac handle Adobe CS Next and Resolve?

I'm looking to purchase my very first Apple computer to pair with a workstation PC. I would have loved to max out the iMac specifications (i7, GT 680, etc.) but unfortunately, in my country, I don't have that choice.

I'm looking to get the 27" iMac, and the best specs available are:

3.2 GHz i5
8 GB RAM (Thankfully upgradable)
1 TB 7,200 rpm (not fusion)
NVIDIA GTX 675MX 1 GB GPU

It will cost me $2,500 due to taxes and for whatever reason.

I'm getting a CS creative cloud license, FCP-X and Resolve (full version), and the PC workstation will lift the heavy load. The iMac is 'because I need an Apple product'. All other Apple options, like the Macbook pro, etc., are unreasonable and unpractical for my use.

My question is: Can this iMac run Adobe CS6 and Resolve smoothly? I will not be using it for production or mission critical work, but would like to test both on this machine for various reasons. I'm not looking for intensive work, but the software should run okay, even if it is slightly on the slower side. I'll be running 1080p and 2K footage mainly.

If anybody has been successful with this iMac version I'd appreciate your experiences. Thanks.
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Can an iMac handle Adobe CS Next and Resolve?

No one with an i5 iMac on Resolve? Even if you've just tinkered with it I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Can an iMac handle Adobe CS Next and Resolve?

Adobe CC and Resolve 9 works fine on the iMac i5 GTX 675MX version.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC