Automated editing question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 12th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #1
New Boot

Automated editing question

Hi

I'm looking for a workflow that enables video files to be automatically trimmed from timecode lists. Does anybody have experience of this? It can be on any platform or software.

Basically I have a lot of clips that need multiple sections to be edited out and I want to find a way to automatically trim these clips. I have a list of timecodes that specifiy what needs editing out.

Aaron Breslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Automated editing question

Here is some information on batch capture lists from Final Cut Pro's help files. I presume similar capabilities exist in other edit programs, but I have never tried this in Premiere and know nothing about Final Cut X. Maybe gives you a starting point on how it could be done:
Final Cut Pro 7 User Manual

Excerpt quote: "Working with Batch Lists

A batch list, also called a batch capture list, is a tab-delimited text file that contains information about clips you want to capture and use in your project. These lists provide a convenient alternative to logging tapes and creating clips within Final Cut Pro.

In another application, you can create a list of clips with descriptive information such as reel name, timecode, log notes, director’s comments, and so on, and then import the list into Final Cut Pro. The imported list becomes a group of offline clips in your project, which you can then batch capture from the original tapes. As long as you entered accurate reel and timecode information for each clip, the clips imported via a batch list are no different from clips created directly in Final Cut Pro."

Batch list info for Premiere Pro is here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiere...ef7-7f91a.html Scroll down to "import and export batch lists" Hope this helps.

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; November 13th, 2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: addendum
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC