Video out via DV Storm? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 20th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #1
Capt. Quirk

Video out via DV Storm?

I know how to get video out, using my Canopus Storm card when editing video. What I would like to know, is there a way to use the S-vid out as a regular video out? I would like to run video out to my new widescreen monitor, and my regular video card only has the one 6 pin out, going to the standard monitor.

So far, my options are to get a second card, or get a better card with more than one output... unless the Storm card can be used without the Storm Edit program?
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #2
Major Player

The video out connections on the storm card are for video out only. You can't get your desktop out that output.
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I just thought I might be able to avoid adding or replacing hardware. I may have found a work around though. I did find a video splitter for the video card... amazing what you find going through old drawers ;) Now all I need, is a 15', 15pin video cable. This Dell has almost every type of video in you can think of!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC