Digitizing 24p dv footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 5th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #1
New Boot

Digitizing 24p dv footage

I am preparing to digitize from about 8 hours of footage aquired on a Cannon XL-2 shot in 24p, we no longer have the camera. The local broadcast rental house suggested that I use their Sony HDV deck. Will this work?
We have Prem. Pro 1.5, and I am assuming that the Pannasonic 24p - 2:3,3:2 setting is the way to go on that.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #2
New Boot

Hey Jeff...

I own the Canon XL-2 and to save the tape mechanism from un-necessary wear and tear, I use the Sony DSR-11 capture deck (but not HD/HDV) for every capture, and use the Pannie 24p presets for 1.5... Works out fine for me...

All hail Canon! (hehehe)
Donovan Cerminara is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC