Matrox RTX100 + XP SP2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 16th, 2006, 05:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Matrox RTX100 + XP SP2?

Hi guys,
I have a Matrox RTX 100 extreme pro on an Intel PBZ motherboard with a Matrox G550 video on XP SP1.
I have the following problems:
- It does crash once or twice a day saying that PPRO will try to save the project.. never happened
- During play from timeline sound disappear. If I stop and play again sound is on again.
- Even that the auto save is on (every 5 minutes) the last auto saved version is from hours ago
- I can't trimexport my project. It returns an error or freeze.
My project are TV serials with one or two video tracks and 8 audiotracks.
What should I do.
Is SP2 is a solution?
Thanks,
Eugen
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:28 PM   #2
Trustee

Given the changes SP2 makes to Windows XP, you are more likely to end up with additional problems rather than solving any by installing it on an already configured RT.X100 system. If you want to fix your system without reinstalling Windows your best bet would be to inquire for help over at the Matrox RT.X100 user forums.

If you decide to reinstall Windows, SP2 is compatible with the RT.X100. However, make sure to install SP2 right after installing Windows XP, before anything else. If you wish, you can eliminate this step by slipstreaming your own Windows XP install disk with SP2 already integrated. The easiest way to do this is using a nifty free utility called Autostreamer.

Then, follow the Complete Install Instructions for the Matrox RT.X100.

Of course, all this is assuming your system is built using parts certified by Matrox to work with the RT.X100. If you are using anything that isn't certified to work with the RT.X100, then all bets are off on attaining a stable system. See the RT.X100 System Recommendations for more information.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you very much Christopher, Ill try a clean install.
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #4
Trustee

You're welcome. Hope you get everything fixed and running smoothly.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC