Encore 2.0 Motion Menu Memory Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Tourist

Encore 2.0 Motion Menu Memory Problem

I have just finished compiling all my assets into Encore. I created a motion menu. I completed a test for the project everything was good and ready to build dvd. I started the process and then about 5 minutes into the build I recieved a message "You have exceeded the motion menu memory of 1 gig. change and proceed to build again". What have I done wrong? How do I fix this? The assets were an 1# avi in NTSC 30minutes in length, 2# avi. NTSC 4 minutes in length, and 3# avi. in NTSC 4 minutes in lenghth.

Why does Premier Pro 2.O and Encore 2.0 take so long to render? I also tried to convert one of these avi files to mpeg 2. The render time was 22 hours! What is wrong???
Help!

My system
Pent 4 3.2ghz processor
Ram 2gigs
3 Hard Drives
300 gig 80% avail. space
300gig 50% avail.
120 gig 5% avail.
Darren Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #2
Major Player

As I read your message you have 38 minutes of motion menu?

Render time is dependent on filters, effects, etc. but Encore does not do the best job of rendering. Use Premier to render to mpeg and then bring the mpeg into Encore and it will not have to transcode.

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #3
Tourist

Encore 2.0

The avi I used for the motion menu was about 540mb. Why does it take Premier Pro 2.0 longer to render than 1.5?

Do I have enough memory?

How can i decrease the avi for the motion menu, it is about 15 seconds long looped.
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Darren, how many static and motion menues do you have in your project?

The DVD specification allows no more than 1GB for menues. So if you have many menues that take up more space than 1GB you can not burn the DVD. The only way around it is to make sure that your menues takes up less space than 1GB.

Keep in mind that if you use a motion menu twice, it will take up twice as much space on the burned DVD, etc, etc, etc. So many motion menues takes up lot of space eventhough they all use the very same asset.

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #5
Tourist

Encore Memory Problems

I have the main menu as a motion. It is 15 seconds long and I selected to have it loop over and over. Should that be changed? There are three animated buttons with video playing in them. Movie i am using for the motion back ground on the main menu, is a Digital Juice Jump Back AVI. Should I compress it before i import it into Encore?

Thank you
Darren G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl
Darren, how many static and motion menues do you have in your project?

The DVD specification allows no more than 1GB for menues. So if you have many menues that take up more space than 1GB you can not burn the DVD. The only way around it is to make sure that your menues takes up less space than 1GB.

Keep in mind that if you use a motion menu twice, it will take up twice as much space on the burned DVD, etc, etc, etc. So many motion menues takes up lot of space eventhough they all use the very same asset.

/Roger
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Goodman
I have the main menu as a motion. It is 15 seconds long and I selected to have it loop over and over. Should that be changed? There are three animated buttons with video playing in them. Movie i am using for the motion back ground on the main menu, is a Digital Juice Jump Back AVI. Should I compress it before i import it into Encore?
Everything seems ok. The number of loops does not matter and you dont have to compress the media prior to import.

Have you tried to start a brand new project in Encore and rebuild your project from scratch? Sometimes thats the only way to solve some issues in Encore so it is worth trying.

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Major Player

DVD uses mpeg2 encoding it has a built in encoder but I find it better to encode all my files from the NLE timeline. Encore has enough to do without burdening it with file conversions.
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC