Preview on monitor X or TV? why can't we choose :-) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 6th, 2006, 03:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Preview on monitor X or TV? why can't we choose :-)

I guess that most of us here has a rather modern computer with an up-to-date graphics card. My new machine has a Nvida Geforce 7800 GTX with dual DVI + SVGA out.

So I've hooked up my TV on the SVGA port of my gfx card. Choosen "dual view" in Gfx card options in windows. And fine, I can see 2 desktops.

If I want to I can manually drag windows mediaplayer or Power DVD to the TV screen. But what I really would like is an option like "View on: Display X", where I simply could assign certain windows to show up on the telly. Like the preview windows in the NLE. Am I missing something here?

I'm doing previews the old fashioned way now, that is, DV OUT to my camera, camera hooked up to TV. But I'd be glad if I didn't have to have the camera all the time, just for doing previews. And buying a box for XXX $ seems unnecessary when I do have the TV out from my gfx card!

Tips & ideas, please!

// Lazze

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC