Easy way to do rolling credits? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 18th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #1
Tourist

Easy way to do rolling credits?

I have Premiere 6.0, After Effects 5.0 Production Bundle and
Boris RED 2.1 I know there has to be an easy way to accomplish this, can anyone help?
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2003, 11:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Rolling Credits

I use software called Inscriber CG for all graphics and titles. I just have the limited version that came bundled with Premiere and it is somewhat easy to use and has the resolution of broadcast graphics. The other two that you mentioned are great too but oh they are intense. I also have Boris limited and you could spend days in there figuring that out. Premiere's CG is fairly easy but even they admit that it is better than nothing.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #3
Tourist

I have the full version of boris, and yes it's incredibly complicated, but I'll check out that program you mentioned as well.
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2003, 02:34 PM   #4
New Boot

rolling credits

OK I am fairly new to editing...but my premier 6.5 has the ability to roll the credits as part of its new features. I'm not sure if you are looking for a more complicated type of roll, the software rolls, stills and crawls...I have yet to use the crawl feature nor do i know exactly what that is.

Anyhoo hope you find what your looking for.
Old February 19th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Alex is right, 6.5 has an easy way to do it if you don't mind the $150 upgrade. AE has an easy way also though. Just create a full list of your credits in something like Illustrator (do you have it or similar?) and then simply set position points to run the jpg image containing the credits past the virtual camera view in AE.
Old February 20th, 2003, 07:46 AM   #6
Capt. Quirk

I found the easiest way to do rolling credits, is to cheat. In Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., make one long list of your credits. Turn this list into a jpg that is the width of your project X the final length of the list, 640 x 975, for example.

Then add this jpg to the timeline, and select motion setup under effects control. Move the top of the jpg to the very bottom of the screen for the inpoint. Then, set the outpoint with the bottom of the image at the top of the screen. As the timeline plays, you will have your rolling credit.

Easy, effective, and not in the books.
Keith
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #7
Major Player

Keith,

I don't think this is cheating. I thought it was how most of us did it.
Rick Spilman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC