Best Photo manipulation software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Best Photo manipulation software

What do you use for photo manipulation that gives you great presets and very clear pictures and very little flicker when zooming and panning. And also allows terrific audio interaction.

Thanks for your input...

Ralph Bowman
Ralph Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #2
Trustee

That's not really photo-manipulation (Photoshop would be the answer to that question), but video editing. Pretty much any application will allow you to do smooth pans (the so-called "Ken Burns" effect), but not all have "terrific audio interaction". Sony Vegas would certainly fit the bill, but you might be able to get something cheaper that serves your needs.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 04:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Imaginate, now at v2, is worth a look here:
http://www.canopus.com/products/Imaginate/index.php
It has been around a while now and really could use an update. It is unclear whether it will get one any time soon. I use it a lot (as a hobbiest) but it is clear there are also very many professional users from posts on the Canopus forum.

Another product I am unfamiliar with, but have heard recommended, is Moving Pictures from Stage Tools to be found here:
http://www.stagetools.com/
David Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:07 AM   #4
Trustee

If you are Wintel, have you tried Photostory 3? It is a free download from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Bowman
What do you use for photo manipulation that gives you great presets and very clear pictures and very little flicker when zooming and panning. And also allows terrific audio interaction.

Thanks for your input...

Ralph Bowman

When you talk about panning and zooming, not cropping, then you are talking video. I use Premiere Pro and it does a wonderful job. With music and good manipulation you can make people forget it is made up of still pictures. Just remember to start with high resolution pictures. Probably at least 3.0 mega pix. I have a Nikon D-70 with I think 6.1 mega pix, and it looks great! Plus, it gives you a lot of room to move around and still keep the frame totally full, no black edges.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC