Sick of it.. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 7th, 2003, 02:59 AM   #16
Major Player

Harry:
Are you able to edit realtime with a analog out? (use a tv screen?)
And this works flawless with winXP and Vegas?

Well, I'm getting a XL1s within a few weeks.. *hyped* So I guess I could run my analog there. But it feels better with a box. And I like to edit watching it on my tv (as many here)

Thanks Harry, I'll look in to the ADVC-100!
Andreas Fernbrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 04:41 AM   #17
Wrangler

I have run a DV500 since the beginning and have had very little problems with it. I have had it running on a P3 550MHz processor with 256MB Ram with no trouble. I now run the latest on a P4 2.4GHz and 1Gig DDR RAM.

Is there a Prem60.prf file in the premiere folder. If so delete it that might help. Or Defrag Harddrives, try the card in different slots. Is the motherboard supported?

Just thought I'll add my 2 cents,

All the best,

Ed Smith

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:04 AM   #18

I used to have a Pinnacle card and software. About a year ago I got fed up with their faulty software upgrades and damn glitchy software routines, in general. I switched to Vegas 3 and never looked back. This is one piece of professional, incredible software.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #19
Major Player

I thought the later versions of the 500 drivers made the dv connection on the 500 board OHCI complient so you could hook up OHCI devices and use them. If so I would think you could use that connection out to a DV Cam for Vegas PREVIEW output to your TV or monitor. I never tried it since I have other OHCI connections and since I stopped using it around that time. Sounds like it doesnt work based on your comments so I guess you'll want another OHCI card. Probably anything is good. Ads brand is good. Harry's Canopus reccomendation is good for your connections and there is also a recent test/reccomendation for Ads AV link on dvformat.com for analog and firewire you may want to check out at this link...

http://www.dvformat.com/htm/HomeSet1.htm.

If you have a DV cam with pass through you can use that with a firewire card but who wants to have their cam on all the time while previewing/editing.

Remember Vegas doesn't work like the 500. No realtime crossfades or output really but realtime previews. Your still have to render everything but the previews are great. If I really wanted a realtime board, I'd get Matrox RTX100 with a fast computer but I love Vegas over Premiere.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 09:33 AM   #20
Major Player

Hi,

I had some problems with my setup - I have a Abit P4S8X MB with a P4 @ 2.53gzh and 1gb mem. The problem I had was the memory speed. They where 400mhz DDR:s but on my mobo I could only run them at 333mhz else it went unstable after a couple of minutes.

You could test to lower the speed of your memory...maybe it will help you too.

// Lazze

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC