No Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

No Video

The other day i went to turn on my computer and I had no video going to my monitor. I walked away from it and came back and turned it on and all was well.Today I went to turn it on again and same thing but this time it will not come on.I tried resetting the computer and no go. I took the ram on and I got the speech reporter saying ram checked failed so then I put it all back in and took the video card out and the speech reporter didn't say anything is wrong. If I'm right if you took the video card out should it say something about no video? Not sure where to go from here any suggestions would be appreciated. here's what I have

intel Pentium 4 640 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor 3.2

ASUS P5AD2-E Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 925XE ATX Intel Motherboard

THERMALTAKE Silent PurePower TT-420AD(DUAL FAN) 420W Power Supply

CHAINTECH Geforce 6600 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI-Express x16 Video Card

DDR2 PC2-4200 • CL=4 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR2-533 • 1.8V • 64Meg x 64

Thank's for any help.

Chad
Chad Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Well I think I figured out the problem nd it was the Monitor. I unplugged it and it worked. The only problem is now I can't boot up the operating system so I think it's time to upgrade. I would like to get a newer motherboard that takes my ram I have so if anyone has any suggestions I would apreciate it. I don't want to go expensive but something better then what I had. Thank' for any help you all can give.
Chad Solo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC