More Firewire Issues - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 9th, 2003, 08:53 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Yeah, I would say that it would solve your problem, just make sure the IRQ's are ok.
Akos Szemenyei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #17
Major Player

Indeed, should work because you create a second IEEE bus. Keep in mind that where yr cam is being connected (S100!) you can add extra devices (printer,scanner..) but no extra 30Mbp DV devices
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:49 PM   #18
Major Player

Mike, that is exactly what I suggested you do when I first responded to this and it became a debate. I am referring to facts I learned during a defense conference with one of the big techie's from Apple stating that the slower S100 will control the bus to. BTW, you don't need to worry about IRQ's in XP, mine has the same IRQ's in the BIOS but different in XP. And it works wonder fully. Andre, what problem are you referring to?
Old May 11th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #19
Major Player

Garret, in an S100 controlled bus, 1800 alloction units in the isosychronious stream are taken by each DV device. There are less than 5000 of those units per node available. Two DV devices (e.g. camcorder and PC) already need 3600 units (in S100), and 3 DV devices would take 5400...too much. So, together with the 2 DV devices one can only add devices like printers, scanners... taking up less than 1400 units in total.
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC