using a second graphic card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 12th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #1
Major Player

using a second graphic card

I have a G550 graphic card. If you use a second graphic card(pci) then that card will serve as the second CRT monitor and the agp will serve as the first. Now, my question is, in what order on start up will the computer read first? Pci then agp or the other way round? If pci then would you make the changes in the bios or in windows?
Old May 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Now things may have change, but I built a computer about 3 years ago, and I put both an AGP card, aqnd a PCI card. In the BIOs I could change the PRIMARY DISPLAY from AGP to PCI and vise versa. At onje point my AGP card went bad and the PCI became the primary by default with out me having to change any of the settings. Things worked perfect either way, it would just be your prefrence.

I think I originaly had a 16MB AGP card, that was primary, and when I add the 32MB PCI card I switched everything so that was the primary. That's how it was then, since I have switched to multiple display cards. Hope that helps you.

Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Jeff.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC