Sony CA-325P Camera Adapter information / manual at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony CA-325P Camera Adapter information / manual

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask about cameras..

Does anyone have a manual or any information on these?

I have one attached to a DXC325 camera and I am putting together an interface for an nNovia recorder and would like to know how the camera adapter is configured.

On the side of the adapter there is a switch - VBS / Y/C which possibly switches output from Composite to S-Video?

There is also a 4 position rotary switch, and I would like to know what each position does. I have experimented, and the tally operation appears to change with different settings.

The other thing I am having trouble with is the camera return which displays a distorted image in the viewfinder. The recorded video is fine though, so that is something.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bruce
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Bruce,

For return video to work you must have a black burst/gen lock signal being fed into the camera.

Yes VBS / Y/C is Composite or S-Video

I'm afraid I dont know what the 4 position rotary switch does
Rohan Dadswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Rohan,

Looks like the CA-325p only expects a CCU then contrary to the markings on the case. Do you think there is any mileage in paralleling up the return in and genlock in? (long shot!)

I have figured out that the VTR setting 2 makes the VTR start/stop line on pin 13 go to 0V when the button is pressed. Unfortunately it does not latch at this level in line with the tally light. The nNovia only pauses when this line is at 0V so it's not a lot of use as standard.

What I will do is make a little circuit probably with a 555 timer IC to create a toggled output whenever the VTR line goes low and feed the tally output from the nNovia back into the CA and see how I get on.

Somehow I thought using a studio back would have lots and lots of useful signals so that the recorder would interface nicely.. Was I wrong! ;-)

Bruce
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #4
Major Player

With my CA-537 & a M5 CCU, using the return video with gen loc worked but when I changed to a M7 CCU it didn't.

Give it a go, you might get lucky
Rohan Dadswell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion