Improving internet video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Improving internet video

Now that internet video is so common I've seen a lot of good content being posted, and a lot of not so good content being posted (talking about production work here). I'm researching how people can take the equipment they have, change their techniques, and improve the quality of their work.

After seeing a lot of home movies and poorly produced internet shows my list starts out with using a tripod for every shot. Next is better lighting. Encoding would help as well because I've seen some videos that look like Legos.

I'm posting here to see what ideas other people have on this subject. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that internet video needs some help? Or maybe you have a big list of things you hate to see on internet videos and how to fix them? Thanks for the input.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Video posted on the internet CAN potentially be of good quality once you understand how to produce it. Check out http://www.dialogcuviata.com/video/03.html and go past the first 30 seconds of static title, check out the lower thirds, the sharpness and overall quality.

It is Windows Media at 500 KB/sec total (audio+video). To me it looks as good as it can get as of today's internet speed and taking into consideration that I have one hour shows to present on the internet, 220 MB file size per show.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion