Anyone have the Kenko KUW-042 or the KUW-042Hi? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 6th, 2003, 12:56 AM   #1
High School Student

Anyone have the Kenko KUW-042 or the KUW-042Hi?

Just curious if anyone has either of these lenses? I'm not able to locate any samples from them. If anyone has either one of these and if you could post some samples, that would be great. Thanks.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 01:09 AM   #2
Outer Circle

I've only used the Kenko Pro adaptors that fit the VX2000---these are nice. Why don't you go for the Pana or Tiffen wide in the 43mm thread size? Not wide enough, I bet. I don't know, lot of guys have bought that new Raynox, and they seem to be rather happy with it.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 01:46 AM   #3
High School Student

Yeah. I'm just having a hard time deciding. In a way I want a really extra wide fisheye lens, for some occasions (I really like the barrel distortion look) and then I want a not so much distorted one to leave on my camera all the time. Maybe I should get that cheap kenko fisheye lens, and then get another sort of cheap WA lens...
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:45 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Depending on what you really want to do, I guess, you should pick the one that best suits your needs: fisheye or a plain wide. The trouble is that if you want a plain wide in the 43mm size, your options are only around 0.7. Your only other reasonable option is the Raynox with its step rings. Doesn't Raynox also make a fisheye? I seem to recall one fellow from Down_Under having one for his MX300.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion