Voice overs in Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 8th, 2003, 10:31 PM   #1
Wrangler

Voice overs in Premiere

I'm doing voice overs in Premiere 6.5 by recording (in Sound Forge) to a separate computer that's networked to my video editing machine. That way, I can play from the time line while I record. Then I trim each audio clip, save it to the video computer, import it into Premiere and drop it on the time line.

This seems to be fairly efficient, but I'm wondering if there isn't a better way. Does anyone have a better method?
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 12:18 AM   #2
Air China Pilot

Try looping

You might want to break the clip up into different sections. Then take each section, export it as an avi or easily playable format. Then have the player set on loop. That way you can just keep the video clip repeating while you try your voice over again and again.

Sound Forge shouldn't take up so many resources that you can't be looping the video at the same time.

I don't see a problem with recording on a separate machine except for having to copy over a file. You will have to drop an external file onto Premiere anyway.
Old June 10th, 2003, 05:16 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Two threads on this can be found here and here

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Voice Over Recording

Not the forum for this, but has anyone done voiceover using Pinnacles new Edition 5? As I read the marketing claims, it says you can do voiceover within Edition 5 while watching clip on timeline. If that is true it does something I have been told can not be done on the Premiere 6.0 I am using now (or even 6.5) without resorting to two computers or other "out of Premiere" approaches. I am considering buying Edition 5 Pro which is reason for my question on this topic of voiceover.
Dennis Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion