Creating a Dead Pixel Mask at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 10th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Creating a Dead Pixel Mask

I've searched this site and the internet with no answers so I'm posting here.

I have a dead pixel and would like to either mask it in the camera if possible or in post processing but I don't know how. Anyone have a good link to a tutorial?

I have the Sony PDX10 and Studio 9 Pro.
Mark Nevnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Something went wrong with your search - this very forum has quite a few answers. See for example http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.ph...ght=dead+pixel
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks, but I found a lot of posts about Dead Pixels but none of them gave directions on how to fix it with a mask. They only stated that you should fix it with a mask.

To be more specific - I understand that I need to capture a dark frame that makes the dead pixel apparent. I have adobe photoshop and can invert the image so that the pixels are dark instead of white but I don't know where to go from there. Do I need to make the rest of the image transparent? Can I load this image into my camera so that it is overlayed on all video I shoot or do I need to figure out how to overlay it with Studio 9 Pro?
Mark Nevnor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion