ExpoDisc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

ExpoDisc

Well, I went to the local camera shop today and picked up a 72mm Natural ExpoImaging ExpoDisc.

Its pretty nice, and snaps right over my Canon XH A1 UV filter, so you can set the white balance and pull it off. I did notice that sometimes in low light it was unable to lock into a wb. I didnt mess around with it much so Im sure that can be worked around.

On another note the parents wanted to take some New Years Eve picture with their little Canon SD750 point and shoot. I decide to mess around with the ExpoDisc by just holding it up to the lense and setting the wb. WOW, it really made a significant improvement over that small camera usually shoots. I was actually impressed by the results.

Im excited to try this out in the feild and see how much more accurate the wb is that when i set it using a peice of white paper =P. Though a bit pricey at $120 locally, I feel it is worth it.
Alessandro Garabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Major Player

A cool tool

I've had one for a few months but just recently used it with my HV 20. A worthwhile investment, particularly if you shoot in a variety of lighting conditions. It's a little counterintuitive in that you point the camera back toward where you will shoot from.

I used it in a fluorescent-lit scene with mint green walls. The camera's WB was rendering the walls with a blue cast. With the Expo Disc, on the otherhand, everything was spot-on.
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion