Redrocks Matte Box at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #1
New Boot

Redrocks Matte Box

I think I am completely giving up on this company. The mattebox (which seems incredible) has been pushed back yet again to April. I have been waiting patiently and well I was first told last fall it would be out then December then January and now April. I don't know if I can wait any longer. Just venting and frustrated
Kevin Schaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Trustee

If you really need a matte box, then set a budget and purchase one with the features you need within that budget. There are many manufactures & many models that are available. Simple as that!
Don't forget to set a budget and shop for needed filters as well.
Good Luck!
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #3
Major Player

I'd been monitoring their webpage since last fall because it looked too good to be true, in terms of what they were promising for the price. Early on, reading their message board, it seemed like a boondoggle in the making. They kept giving vague responses and then pushing the dates back and back.

Some people are willing to tolerate that sort of business practice because they think they are getting something unique but, as Kevin points out, there are other fish in the ocean.

Take heart. There's a telescope manufacturer who's average wait time from order to delivery is 5 years!! They've been known to reconfigure their product line up and you get something completely different from what you ordered. So this sort of thing isn't unheard of but it's not the way many people expect to be treated.
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I too am a little frustrated with the delays ,but as for alternatetives there is nothing realy out that does not cost more than a grand.
Lets just hope they hurry up, before you know it the red mattebox will be, so they better hurry.
Andrew McMillan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion