DVRex RT & Premiere Pro CS3 Compatibility at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVRex RT & Premiere Pro CS3 Compatibility

Anyone know if this hardware is compatible with this latest version of Premiere? It worked fine with Prem Pro 1.5. But I am running into problems with CS3. Wanted to check here before I try to track down someone at Canopus. TIA.
Ed Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Just an FYI for everyone else:
Canopus' (now defunct) DVRex RT Pro is not compatible with Adobe Premiere beyond Pro 1.5. Not only that, their replacement for said product (EDIUS hardware) is also not compatible with Premiere. The list of CS3 (officially) compatible hardware seems to be dwindling. According to Adobe's capture card partners page:
http://www.adobe.com/products/premie...card_partners/
the list of approved hardware vendors includes AJA, Black Magic, Bluefish444, and Matrox. Black Magic likely goes out the door if you have a Dell box: They do not "officially" support them (though with an extra restart, I can get my Dell Dimension 8400 to work with Intensity Pro). Bluefish444 is way too expensive for the prosumer. I get a "talk to the hand" and a scowl from my buyer if I mention Matrox. That leaves AJA which currently has no HDMI solution. Anyone got a Multibridge Pro I can test drive with my Dell Precision 650 Dual Xeon? Dell issues aside, I am a big fan. :)

Last edited by Ed Hecht; March 4th, 2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo
Ed Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hecht View Post
I get a "talk to the hand" and a scowl from my buyer if I mention Matrox.
Ed - just interested... Why?
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion