"...manage The Beatles? No thanks." at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #1
Major Player

"...manage The Beatles? No thanks."

Several months ago I was getting help here on a short marketing piece, good help too. The subject is 66, born in Liverpool and turned down the management of The Beatles before they put out their first recording. Forgive my not remembering who, but someone wanted to see that scene when I was done. I realized tonight I have a 10 sec clip on my site, made in playing with overlaying running video into the widescreen tv in a still shot. The overlay comes from a segment not in the demo and isn't the music story but it comes just before it - about the job of a comic in '50-60s Liverpool. I will put up the main story, now that I've remembered I said I would. Ten seconds isn't much but this gentleman can communicate.

www.contentshop.tv/tvpinp.wmv

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Major Player

You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20!

It's great to see the results of the help people give on this forum, this is easily one of the most informative forums out there.
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Robert Knecht Schmidt, a fellow Wrangler here, is an expert in the Beatles history and trivia. I'd bet he'll know precisely who your fellow is.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 11:15 PM   #4
Wrangler

Unfortunately I'm in Michigan for the moment and away from my (paper) sources, but Google rarely fails. If I recall, there's actually more than one man with this claim. I'm unable to view the video at the moment (slow internet connection and no WMP), so I can't see for sure who it might be, but if he hadn't died in 1989 I'd be tempted to say it was producer-hustler Larry Parnes. There's a picture of him here. Even if Parnes never signed the Beatles, he administered the fames and fortunes of many wonderful British pop acts in the 1960s--a distinguished management career marred only by an uneven temper. [See also The Man Who Gave The Beatles Away by Allan Williams.]

If the subject of the video was 66 in 2003, that would make him about the same age as the Beatles themselves--only 3 years Lennon's senior.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion