Greenscreen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Tourist

Greenscreen

Hi, I have to produce a webcast of a sports football show. We plan on using a greenscreen and I have little experience with this. The Graphic Designer wants the dimensions of a graphic to project on the 8 x 12 greenscreen. Does anybody have tips on the dimensions and suggestions for greenscreen in general? Thanks.
Michael Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Tourist

Greenscreen

I am shooting HDV (1920 X 1080 progressive) on the Sony V1 if this helps.
Michael Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barnes View Post
suggestions for greenscreen in general?
Search the site there are many topics on chromakeying. The forums on Digital Compositing and Effects and Photon Management are the best locations to search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barnes View Post
The Graphic Designer wants the dimensions of a graphic to project on the 8 x 12 greenscreen.
As for this, why would you be projecting anything on the backdrop? Add graphics when compositing. Even for live shots you add the backdrop and graphics in digitally.

Concentrate on getting an evenly lit green/blue/etc. backdrop that contrasts nicely with your subject(s). Get enough space between the backdrop and subject as to minimize cast off and use flags.

Light the screen and subject seperately.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use Adobe Premiere Pro for chroma keying, there are quite a bit of options to use for green screen with Premiere Pro. For the green screen, you don't necessarily need anything fancy, I just used some cheap plastic Lime green table cloth, and used several Studio Lights that give you an even spread of light on the green screen to prevent hot spots. The key to producing good quality green screen, to have even lighting and a fairly decent sized room, so your lights aren't so close to the green screen. Here is a video, don't know if I can link videos here but, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0Yqd5M9UQ

It's a little cheesy but, he has good tips.

Here is a picture of the setup you need:

http://www.kentanabe.com/dm2/2007/im...en_diagram.jpg

Hope this helps..
Nathan Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I posted this elsewhere but this was shot against green screen:

http://www.hawaiigoesfishing.com/vid...een_sample.mov

The screen, from EEFX.com, was about 8 feet behind Cindy and lit with two Lowel Tota Lights. Keying was done with After Effects with the Primatte plug-in.

Shot with a Sony EX1. All detailing and sharpening turned off. White balance to the lights that illuminate the green screen. NEVER use in-camera color correction. Always shoot it neutral. Expose the green screen to 50 IRE.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion