External drive issues Mac to PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 12th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

External drive issues Mac to PC

I have transferred gigs captured on pc to my mac for editing a fair amount of times, but have been having issues when transferring from Mac to PC for internet upload.
It seems that after I use an external drive Lacie Q4 500 or a 2 gig thumb drive on the mac a few times my internet pc wont see them or may see them but won't copy from I get an I/O error...any ideas ?? and yes when new I formatted them for use on both platforms. I have 5 lacies and a couple WD's and one maxtor and my pc won't see them anymore yet they work fine on the mac.
Vince Halushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Major Player

I honestly dont' know why this is happening. Has it been this way all the time or just recently? Have you changed any drivers an either system?
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion