Backing up digital files - good archiving program? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Trustee

Backing up digital files - good archiving program?

I have a bunch of projects that I need to back up. Here is the challenge :
I would like to be able to archive them (store, no compression) in chunks of 4.7 for a DVD. If I could take the entire folder with all of the images, sounds, movies, NLE prjec files etc and have the program archive them in 4.7 chunks so I can just back them up to DVD, that would be great. Right now I am doing the SLOW method of finding the files that fit on the DVD and then burning them, going back and doing it again.

Thanks
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Nero is good for backing things up to DVD, and I'm pretty sure they have a utility that does disk spanning, i.e. they can span large files across multiple DVD's so you don't need to sit and arrange them in a way that fits.

Bear in mind that I am a Mac user and am not as "with it" with the Windows world anymore, but I imagine Nero is still one of the more trusted burning solutions unless something has really changed recently.
Daniel Hollister is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion