Digieffects filter question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 24th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Digieffects filter question

Just wondering if anyone's familiar with the Day-For-Night filters by Digieffects. I think they're also included in the Boris Red package. I've got all the necessary "real world" equipment to pull off a decent day-for-night shoot, but I'm really curious about the range of effects you can achieve with the digital filters. Couldn't find any pictures of footage created with the digieffects filter, so I'm asking for input here. Some comments would be greatly appreciated, especially if accompanied by a representative image or two. I've already seen the Digieffects screenshot, but I'd prefer to see something done by an actual user of the product. Thanks!
Roger Van Royen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #2
Major Player

Here is a link I just found:

http://www.borisfx.com/products/FX/digiefectstextfx.php

Of Digieffect's plugins, I've only used Cinelook and Cinemotion, so I can't offer first-hand impressions on the day-for-night plugin.

Hope the link helps!

,Frank
Frank Ladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 07:55 PM   #3
Major Player

According to Digieffects, they are basically using a gradient map.
See here: http://www.digieffects.com/index2.html?120,85

,Frank
Frank Ladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2003, 12:21 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks, Frank. I have seen the stuff on the Digieffects site - it's pretty long on technical detail, but sparse on visual reference. Judging by the lack of replies, it looks like there aren't many people here who use the filter. Maybe it's the $600 price tag or something. I know I'm not shelling out that much without some solid user feedback. Guess I'll have to check around for reviews elsewhere on the net.
Roger Van Royen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion