Live Streaming Solutions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 7th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Live Streaming Solutions?

My church is adding live streaming of services. What kind of software is best suited for this?

Only one I've known about is QT Streaming Server, now I'm hearing Windows has one and Adobe's Flash system is another...

Our videos look terrible, due to our current workflow. I don't have a crew to work with, so at the moment, it's just me, recording straight to DVD, then editing in Windows Movie Maker and uploading to Vimeo. The multiple conversions are killing quality.

We have an old Videonics 100 switcher, with 4 s-video lines. Soon as the college interns start, we'll have alot more going on, but the biggest question I have is, what's the best way to stream this stuff at as little cost?

I just saw a demo of highly compressed h264 HD and SD footage (720p at 500kbps, and 480p at 200k!), and it was jaw dropping awesome. Are there hardware-based systems that can be tweaked and encode in realtime?

We're talking standard def footage and mono audio, low light and high motion (the preacher is VERY active on stage)
Ted Bragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Red5

Check these links out:
1- codegent : red5 : open source flash server
2- (download) Red5 : Open Source Flash Server Open Source Flash

or

VidBlaster - Video Production at Your Fingertips!

There are tons of options (tricaster) but this should be a good start.

JW <'/))))><

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion