DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   New FREE teleprompter web-based app (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/146401-new-free-teleprompter-web-based-app.html)

Chris Swanberg April 27th, 2009 12:02 PM

Mike - I think you answered my question. If I select the mirrored font in say, WORD, and type, it just types tyhe usual left to right, reversing each letter, standing alone it does not flip, which as I think of it, probably makes sense, as the flip programming only uses the font - it was not designed to be used stand alone. Thanks.

Mike Drob April 27th, 2009 10:49 PM

Yeah if you want to use it with word you'd have to type backwards. Font reverses individual letters. My code reverses the actual text

Mike Drob April 27th, 2009 11:36 PM

As promised - new version of the portable standalone is available which supports mirrored text. You will need to install the font separately in order for it to work. If you need to carry this on a flash drive to another location, download the font AND the standalone version and keep them together. Install font on whatever machine you need to use and you're all set!

For those using the standalone version just click "Check for updates" on top.

The rest, just head over here - EasyPrompter - Portable Standalone Version: the best free OFFLINE teleprompter.

enjoy!

Mike Drob April 28th, 2009 10:50 PM

Another day, another feature - I just added an Elapsed Time Display

go check it out!

EasyPrompter - Create Prompter

Thanks Mark J. Hewitt for the suggestion!

John Peterson April 29th, 2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Drob (Post 1134779)
Thanks Mark J. Hewitt for the suggestion!

And thanks again Mike for this wonderful applet. I mentioned it on another forum and they seemed to love it as well.

What about a charging fee when you finish it and an putting an advertisement in Backstage?

Just a thought.

Thanks again Mike.

Regards,

John

Mike Drob April 30th, 2009 09:54 PM

Which forum did you post in? link would be appreciated. What is Backstage? I made it free cause I would hate to pay for something like this myself :) I put up a donation button cause it did cost me quite a bit of time and if someone feels that it's worth it to them they can contribute a little to the cause.

If enough interest is shown, I may do a "premium" account that would be paid (but inexpensive) that would let you store scripts, settings, etc.

help me get more traffic and interest generated people! i don't even serve ads on the site

Ervin Farkas May 1st, 2009 05:49 AM

Mike,

how do you bring back the detached controls?

Mike Drob May 1st, 2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 1135894)
Mike,

how do you bring back the detached controls?

just close that window - it should come back in about 1 second. If that doesn't work for you - let me know what OS/browser you're using.

Ervin Farkas May 1st, 2009 08:43 AM

I was using Slimbrowser, which rides basically on top of IE. If I close the window, I see a "script error" message at the bottom of the window, and it goes back to the prompter page but the controls are gone.

I think that's a Slimbrowser issue though, I tested the actual browser, IE7 and it works as expected.

Thanks,

John McQuiston May 1st, 2009 08:49 AM

That is supremely cool. Thank you for sharing it.

Greg Boston May 1st, 2009 09:44 AM

I can't get the stan alone version to work on IE8 or Safari. But the online version works great.

Ok, a feature request. When having more than one person read the prompter (say in a two shot), the prompter usually allows for different colored text. Would some simple tags such as those used here on VBulletin work?

I too will donate to your efforts in the near future.

regards,

-gb-

Mike Drob May 1st, 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston (Post 1135994)
I can't get the stan alone version to work on IE8 or Safari. But the online version works great.

Ok, a feature request. When having more than one person read the prompter (say in a two shot), the prompter usually allows for different colored text. Would some simple tags such as those used here on VBulletin work?

I too will donate to your efforts in the near future.

regards,

-gb-

I have a "highlight" feature in there that does just that. Simply highlight the text and hit the "highlight" button. It puts in [hl] tags.

Anyone wanna make a demo video? I realize it's hard to figure out all the features and the docs on my site arent that great.

Mike Drob May 1st, 2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 1135966)
I was using Slimbrowser, which rides basically on top of IE. If I close the window, I see a "script error" message at the bottom of the window, and it goes back to the prompter page but the controls are gone.

I think that's a Slimbrowser issue though, I tested the actual browser, IE7 and it works as expected.

Thanks,

I never even heard of that one - I'd be curious to see what the script errors actually complain about. Does it ride on top of IE6 or 7?

Greg Boston May 1st, 2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Drob (Post 1136101)
I have a "highlight" feature in there that does just that. Simply highlight the text and hit the "highlight" button. It puts in [hl] tags.

Yeah Mike, when I finally watched your Demo, I saw the different tags. Now if I can just get the stand alone to work.

Thanks again for your wonderful efforts to code this app.

-gb-

Mike Drob May 1st, 2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston (Post 1136147)
Yeah Mike, when I finally watched your Demo, I saw the different tags. Now if I can just get the stand alone to work.

Thanks again for your wonderful efforts to code this app.

-gb-

I can probably help you diagnose the issue. Let me know what the script errors say and exactly what your config is (OS/exact browser version). Getting something like this to work on all browsers is a monumental effort (it shouldnt be, but go tell that to the browser makers).. but I also hate when apps dont work on my browser of choice (which happens to be Opera of all things) so I'll do my best to get it to work. For the standalone, IE is just very very tough to get through to :)