Time Lapse on programs? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 4th, 2002, 11:40 PM   #1
nomorechalk

Time Lapse on programs?

Are there any programs that are known to get a long peice of footage and turn it into a time lapsed video? I don't know if such a thing exist or not so I thought I might ask some peoplpe who know.
Old April 5th, 2002, 12:30 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

By "convert it into a time-lapsed video" do you mean compression through some form of periodic frame elimination or do you just want to compress it by speeding it up?

If the latter, editors such as Final Cut Pro (and I think Premiere) can handle that natively.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2002, 01:50 AM   #3
Trustee

In your NLE app (Prem, FCP etc) change the speed, i.e 500%, 5x depending on your software. This will play the clip at your desired speed. It will require rendering as it is changing the clips properties.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2002, 09:43 AM   #4
nomorechalk

Thanks

Thanks for the replys. Oh, and the method doesn't really maatter as long s the target effect is done. Thanks for the replys. I'm going to it now.
Old April 5th, 2002, 09:57 AM   #5
Contributor

media100i xs

I am using media 100 and am able to speed things up to no limit. There is no limit in clip lenght as long as I have enough drive space and I can speed things up to 1600% and if thats not fast enough I can export and re-import with no loss and speed it up another 1600%. I could literally run and hour of footage in 5 seconds if I wanted.
Old April 5th, 2002, 07:10 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I like MotoDV. It's a GREAT capture app and it has a built in time lapse feature as well. You can capture 1 frame every 10 frames, every minute, every hour, or whatever you want it to capture. So you could run 6 years worth of footage in 4 minutes if you want! :)
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion