Royalty Free Stock Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 19th, 2004, 07:04 AM   #16
Major Player

I wonder if any of these sites carry
"The Film", as it was fondly nicknamed. It is an "educational" movie shown to all new members of the U.S. military, during WW II and some years therafter. Those who saw it know its content and the chilling effect on personal behavior its makers hoped it would have. It was before my time, but the old-timers in the Army with me, liked to joke about it. I'd really like to see it and find if it was as gruesome as described.

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #17
New Boot

hi Steve!

you know, rick prelinger's site (that i posted on here), may actually have that film for download, try his one-page search and if that doesn't work, email him, he's a very nice guy who will most likely repsond back to your question.

and if you can't find that film, there's several other military "educational-propaganda" films there for viewing...it's a trip!

peace-olah, juLiE
Julie Meitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #18
Major Player

size of clips

I was looking for a bunch of footage myself, and stumbled across Corbis last night - just saw a report on Corbis on The News Hour on PBS.

In any case, I went to Corbis, and downloaded a piece of footage to see what it would be like to mess with it, and it turns out that it was in Quicktime.

Clearly this would not be usable for broadcast quality, but the size of say a 10 second AVI file would probably be way too big for normal downloaded. SO...with all this as prelude, the real question is - how does one get the original footage, or are you stuck with a highly compressed version?

thanks,
Milt Lee
Milt Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Let me just get this straight...

Under the license agreement with the Prelinger archive, I can download any of their archival footage, pull clips from it, and put it into my own productions, then freely distribute it so long as I give the author credit and do not do it for profit?

Say I download the MPEG2 version of this film: http://www.archive.org/movies/movies-details-db.php?collection=feature_films&collectionid=panorama_ephemera

I am allowed to pull specific clips from it and reuse them in my own works, so long as I follow this license agreement: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/1.0/

Considering I can get a hi-res of the film, this seems too good to be true. Can anyone verify/clarify how this footage can be used?

Levelse7en@gmail.com
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #20
Trustee

I believe most of the films in the archive go even one step further than you describe - you can't sell the film itself for profit, but you can use the footage to integrate with your project, be it for profit or not.

It's not too good to be true - it's just that most of that stuff was shot using government money, and as such, is public domain. Be sure to check specifically on the licensing of each item though, just to be safe that something proprietary doesn't make its way in there.

The exact quote on usage from the site is:

"You are warmly encouraged to download, use and reproduce these films in whole or in part, in any medium or market throughout the world. You are also warmly encouraged to share, exchange, redistribute, transfer and copy these films, and especially encouraged to do so for free.

Any derivative works that you produce using these films are yours to perform, publish, reproduce, sell, or distribute in any way you wish without any limitations. "

They also have additional footage available with written licensing agreements through Getty Images - but those come at a cost. The hi-res stuff you can download right off their site falls under the free licensing mentioned above.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2005, 06:37 AM   #21
Major Player

I'm looking for free chromakey footage, like people walking and talking in front of a blue or green screen.
It can be compressed video, because it's meant to be in the blurred background of a composition.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #22
Regular Crew

What would be the best way to shoot file footage.Progressive or interlaced? I mean you wouldnt know where it would end up?
Don Meers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 01:56 AM   #23
Tourist

Where do we post messages for the type of footage we're looking for? Or for suggestions/ tips/ alternate methods for creating the footage we need?
Andresia Garnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Hamad, FootageFirm.com has some nice 15-30 second royalty free clips of the Newport, Rhode Island mansions for only $19.95 each:
http://shop.footagefirm.com/10Browse...t+Rhode+Island

Their Cape Cod clips also feature some nice New England mansions for $19.95:
http://shop.footagefirm.com/10Browse...egory=Cape+Cod

Hope this helps,
Joel
Joel Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM   #25
New Boot

I'm new here but can't resist a shameless plug for royatly free footage. Over the last few years I've collected a lot of content from Afghansitan and just last month my company began marketing it online.

One of the big reasons I'm here on this forum now is because some of my customers are looking at us as experts in video editing and I want to stay on top of my game so we can offer value added services to those who use our footage. Some of them just need help in general with editing and technical issues, understanding how they can do things better.

I'll probably be directing some of our customers here to this forum.
John Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Well, as regards a footage exchange, archive.org hosts the Open Source Movie site: http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_movies

That would be a good place to put footage that you want to share.
Gian Pablo Villamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:24 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Thanks

Once again the Dv forum comes to the rescue. appreciate all of your contributions and sharing the knowledge.

Rand
Rand Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #28
New Boot

SD, HDV, HD stock video community

istockvideo.com has just begun offering and accpeting SD, HDV and HD footage. Their pool is pretty small at this point but I think their rates and commissions are pretty decent.

We are just beginning to explore working with them and I thought some of you may want to check it out:
www.istockvideo.com

Thanks,
Jeff Schaap
Red Letter Productions
Jeff Schaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #29
New Boot

I dont suppose theres any FREE, Full stop is there???

I mean that are good quality......I just havn't got £200 to spend on that sort of stuff when I'm just staring off....
Gary Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #30
Major Player

Here's a link for stock footage from Revostock.com.

http://www.revostock.com/SearchResul...ducers&ID=4811

They have video footage, motion backgrounds, music and sound effects for very low prices per clip/song. SoundFX $3, Music $10, NTSC/PAL $15, HDV $20, HD1080 $35. All payable through paypal.

The webpage has a nice layout so you can browse/search by keywords easily and see ranges of clips in a very quick and clean interface. They have over 13000 files so there is a lot of selection.

It's been a great resource for me to grab music and footage.
James Hooey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion